Poultry farmers at BirdSong Farms are responsible for the daily care of chickens, turkeys, ducks, or other poultry species that are raised on our BirdSong Farms.
Experienced farm personnel is urgently needed for our Birdsong Farms medium-size and startup farm in Ilorin.
Deadline: 1st February, 2021
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: SSCE
- Location: Ilorin, Kwara | Nigeria.
Join any of these Groups to receive Prompt Job Alert
Routine responsibilities for a poultry farmer include:
- Distributing feed at BirdSong Farms
- Administering medications at BirdSong Farms
- Cleaning enclosures
- Ensuring proper ventilation
- Removing BirdSong Farms dead or sick birds
- Maintaining BirdSong Farms facilities in good working order
- Monitoring flock behavior to detect any signs of illness
- Transporting BirdSong Farms birds to processing plants
- Restocking enclosures with young birds
- Keeping detailed records for BirdSong Farms
- Performs any combinations of following duties at BirdSong Farms concerned with raising poultry for eggs and meat: Removes chicks from shipping cartons and places them in brooder houses.
- Cleans and fills feeders and water containers.
- Sprays poultry houses with disinfectants and vaccines at BirdSong Farms
- Inspects poultry for diseases and removes weak, ill, and dead poultry from flock.
- Collects BirdSong Farms eggs from trap nests, releases hens from nests, and records number of eggs laid by each hen.
- Packs eggs in cases or cartons; selects, weighs, and crates fryers and pullets; and records totals packed or crated on shipping or storage document at BirdSong Farms
- Maintains feeding and breeding reports for BirdSong Farms
- Monitors feed, water, illumination, and ventilation systems; and cleans, adjusts, lubricates, and replaces systems parts, using handtools.
- Must have STRONG poultry experience and, knowledge of crops cultivation ( cassava, pineapple, plantain and others) and marketing
- Handling skills for minor repairs/maintenance as needed on the Birdsong Farms.
- Must be able to keep track of farm operations and safety records and prepare concise monthly management reports.
- Must be dedicated, hands-on, mind-on, and lead from the front for BirdSong Farms.
- Candidate must be willing to stay on the Birdsong Farms or live no more than 30minutes from Birdsong Farms location.
- Candidate must have great verbal communication skills.
Salary: NGN 25,000
Method of Application at BirdSong Farms
Interested and qualified candidate for “Jobs at Birdsong Farms” should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email. (Tip: Learn how to write a Professional CV) or Send Whatsapp Message to or Call: 08066109886 or for more info