GIG Logistics is a courier and logistics services company headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria. Incorporated in 2012, it is a subsidiary of the GIG Group, an intelligence and technology management company based in Nigeria. The company has service centres in Nigeria, Ghana and the United States of America.
GIG Logistics prides itself as an operator with the most knowledge of the local environment. Backed by a seamless infrastructure, we are now positioned more than ever to compete with other globally-rated logistics company.
At GIG Logistics we pride ourselves as being Africa’s Leading Logistics Company. Founded in 2012, we belong to a distinguished class of logistics companies with a clear defined market path across Africa.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the role of IT support officer at GIG Logistics.
- Maintains work schedule and responsible for Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners
- Provides adequate monitoring and maintenance of computer systems and networks
- Responds in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Provides technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone)
- Sets up accounts for new users
- Repairs and replaces equipment as necessary
- Tests new technology
- Maintains full ownership of Help-Desk ticket through its lifecycle and Incident Management process. Ensuring all elements of the process, including Major Incident Management are implemented and operationally managed.
- Maintains the Asset Management System and Devices Log.
- Maintains various Policy and Procedure documents.
- Provides first call resolution or triage for all calls.
- Provides reports to an agreed schedule (or on request), including management summary, KPIs and detailed work reports.
- Ensures updates to the Knowledge Base (KB) with all troubleshooting performed and, if applicable, the resolution are made.
- Utilizes the KB and other support documentation to identify, isolate, diagnose and resolve end users technical problems and provide information and status as requested.
- Completes initial diagnosis and progress all issues in a timely fashion to meet customer SLAs, resolving the incidents wherever possible.
- Escalates tickets to the appropriate Specialists/Technicians if required.
- Forward tickets/requests to 3rd party suppliers where necessary and manage progress of these through to closure.
- Monitors Risks, Issues, Action Logs and Dependencies.
- Manages service desk mailbox and Email System.
- Manages technician performance on a monthly basis with focus on adherence to SLA achievement, customer focus, proactive problem solving and incident avoidance, expected telephony occupancy.
- Schedules engineers to conduct incident activity.
- Works with engineers to resolve incidents.