MSH, a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
State Support Intern
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Gombe
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial , Internships / Volunteering
Job ID: 13-11075
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A559 – Nigeria GF Malaria
Reports To: State Specialist
- The State Support Intern is ideally a generalist who will work in close collaboration with the State Specialist (PSM &/ M&E), and project partners on all aspects of project management and implementation at the state level.
- S/he assists the State specialists in providing oversight to LGA level routine activities eg. LGA data validation meeting, data entry, supply chain data collection, last mile distribution of health commodities, trainings and so on.
- The State Support Intern, will assist the State Specialist in ensuring that the project functions efficiently, providing oversight to all project activities. s/he will assist with logistic processes in project related procurements and documentation. Additionally, s/he will assist the State Specialist in assuring that all technical activities under the project are implemented in a timely and effective manner.
In collaboration with the State Specialist and the in-country team the State Support Intern will be:
- Responsible for filing of all activity reports in both soft and hard copies
- Assist in the project’s quality assurance processes
- Participate in accessing activity progress to ensure that the partners and local contractors maintain close, adherence to work plans, meet designated milestones, deliverables, benchmarks, and provide technical assistance when needed.
- Support in knowledge management activities, including documentation of success stories, lessons learnt and activity reports.
- Assist in monitoring program implementation and use of resources.
- Support oversight of routine activities such as data validation, LMIS data review and Pharmacovigilance report collation
- Support routine SCMS Monitoring and Supportive Visit to supported health facilities
- Support in monthly inventory of other malaria related health products in the state medical stores.
- Support data entry routinely at the state level
- Keep inventory of project equipment at the state level
- Ability to travel domestically as required to support program activities.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate degree in Public Health, Health Economics, or a health-related field required.
- One year or less of experience in public health and health systems strengthening required;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level colleagues, stakeholders, and donors.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office Packages-Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English are essential.
- Training development and facilitation skills.
- Programme Management skills.
Method Of Application
To Apply for this job position, interested Candidaes should CLICK HERE