We are inviting applications from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the following Job Openings at TTC Mobile
Transfer Technology Company first registered in 2003 and later incorporated in 2007 as TTC Mobile Ltd.
With Head Office in Lagos and four branches across Nigeria and the UK, it has trained over 8000 persons since it commenced business.
2 Project Supervisor
3 OSP Technician
Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND/OND
Location: Abuja, Oyo, Rivers | Nigeria.
- Restore service failure within 4 hours of its occurrence, installation and commissioning of new projects. Provide prompt feedback with information relating to activities
- being carried out to resolve customer service incidents .
- Identify and execute nodes/segments that require preventive maintenance on the network as assigned.
- Execute backhaul links installation and commissioning.
- Align backhaul links .
- Installation of Microwave radios and alignments Ensure survey reports are done and submitted timely for review.
- TSS (Technical Site Survey) on Microwave radio and Platforms. Using tools like GPS , Compass and Microwave link budget software for data collection and analysis.
- And Installation and Maintenance of radios as well as Maintenance of Earthling Base.
- Installation of Alvarion Radios and Soma Base station.
- Equipment retrieval ,making request and returns of equipment for installation and Maintenance .
- Installation and commissioning of Corporate Links(Hubs and Subs).
- Configuration of Vsat Modems.(Vipersat, Comtech, EF Data and DVB).
- Report Generation.
- General Maintenance of Vsat and Radio Links.
- Good Mast Climbing skills, Termination of RF/IF Cables, Installation of
- Antennas and alignment.
- Good interpersonal skill with Customers, Vendors and Members of team. Good knowledge of point to point link installation.
- Understanding of Base Station power
- supply(dc and ac)architecture and earthing system.
- Configuring skills for new and existing links.
- Good knowledge of Alvarion Technology, RF and Planning, Antennas and connectors.
- Installation of all types of Sectorial Antennas.
- Installation of PDH/SDH radios.
- Tower and Mast Erection, General Cabling, General Link Optimization, Network Design and Implementation.
- Conduct Path Signal Troubleshooting, Hardworking and Goal Oriented, Enthusiastic and knowledge savvy, Strong Analytical Ability and Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND/OND
Location: Abuja, Rivers | Nigeria.
- The Outside Plant (OSP) Supervisor oversees maintenance of fiber optic & civil work activities on the outside plant network. The OSP Supervisor will be involved in the day- to- day maintenance and
- management of the outside plant, taking into consideration Customer and Local Authority organizations in the maintenance of the fiber outside plant. The role is expected to involve a significant
- element of on-site attendance.
- Deliverables (Maximum 5-6 key responsibilities)
Expected Key Results (Detailed KPIs)
Corporate &Retail/FOS Incident Management.
Corporate Customers: Restore service failures within 3 hours of its occurrence- Implementation and
integration of new projects and ensure all open incident tickets are closed within this time-frame.
Retail Customers: Restore service failures within 12 hours of its occurrence.
- Incident Management Communication: Provide prompt feedback for input into the OTRS application with information relating to activities being carried out to resolve customer service incidents.
- Preventive Maintenance Proactively identify, plan and execute preventive maintenance action on the fibre network.
- Provide operational data for FTTH Network Monitoring and analysis work that feeds into the improvement of fibre break-fix MTTR.
- Audit and collate information for the fiber outside plant network. Prepare the as-maintained documents within region/sub-region managed for the O &M Unit.
- Report Management
- Ensure weekly support status reports are done and submitted timely for review.
Activate FOS Customer requests within 3 days of sign up.
Sign-off the Customer Feedback Form, prepare and submit post-activation report.
Academic: University Degree in Telecoms, Engineering or Applied Sciences.
- Proven track records of maintenance and management of metro and/or long distance fibre optic infrastructure.
- Sound knowledge of telecom industry best practices, norms and technical requirements with regard to fibre & civil work maintenance.
- FTTx and/or P2P fibre deployment and maintenance experience are distinct advantages i.e. fibre termination using fusion splice machines, testing & analyzing fibre links with OTDR and
- Light Source/Power Meters (LSPM), identifying fibre cores with VFLs.
- Capable of understanding fibre network architectures, designs & splice plans.
- An inherent culture of documenting concise and accurate “As-Is” status of network elements and splice configuration, in a consistent manner.
- Familiarity with the requirements of Health & Safety legislation in Nigeria.
- Experience in civil works supervision & quality control.
- Experience in processing ROW License with Local Authorities/State Regulatory Agencies.
- User experience for Microsoft Office Tools including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- User experience for Visio/AutoCAD/GIS tools is desired.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems in the shortest available time using honed analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with customers, vendors, team members and local community.
Minimum Work Experience
At least 2 years in telecommunications industry, with experience in Fiber network deployments. and outside plant maintenance.
Specific Knowledge of Civil Works planning applications with Nigerian Local Authorities.
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Bias for Action
- Result Oriented
- Highly innovative
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Self Development
- Nimble Learning
- Financial Dimensions:
- PO Approval:
No. of vendors: NIL
No. of direct reports:
Impact of position
Impact on customers (Please select one of the options below):
i) Type of customers
Mainly Internal Mainly External Internal & External
Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
- Proper studies of project award documents (Design Plan, BOM, Splice Plan, Link Budget Calculator, and HLDesc) immediately after you receive project assignment order.
- Ensure project kick off meeting happens nmore than 48hrs after project is assigned tyou and that contractor SUBMITS program of work immediately after.
- Prepare a project material list and confirm all required project materials is available in store long before the material is actually needed on site.
- Escalate unavailable materials tyour Team Lead for immediate procurement action.
- Confirm all network backend connections/resources are available and active for link commissioning long before the project reaches the commissioning phase.
- Escalate backend connection issues that may delay link commissioning tyour Team Lead
- for immediate action long before the commissioning phase.
- Distribute notification letters tresidents of project location/streets at least a week before project civil works commences.
- Facilitate meeting with Estate Manager & Contractor tagree on work method before Estate
- civil works commences. Alsensure Estate Manager notifies residents about the project before civil works starts.
- Review quality of materials supplied tsite by contractor (e.g. PVC, HDPE, GI pipes, e.t.c) and ensure they meet required standards. Reject sub-standard materials and escalate back to
- your Team Lead.
- Observe quality of civil and cabling works (handhole, Trench depth, cabling process, splicing and splice management, special surface excavation and replacement, e.t.c) and ensure they
- meet company standards. Stop sub-standard works and escalate back tyour Team Lead.
- Effectively monitor projects tensure contractor compliance with design scope (approved
- quantity), program of work (agreed resource/time) and work method (approved quality).
- Team Lead will measure your performance on effective project monitoring by tracking your compliance ti. Daily Work SMS submissions, ii. Weekly project update reporting, iii.Attendance in weekly project meetings, iv. Accurate & Timely red-line drawing submission,
- Accurate & Timely Splice-MST report submission.
- Variations tdesign and scope plans MUST be escalated back tthe office and approved before they are implemented on site.
- Troubleshoot, Analyze, Identify & Resolve faults that may delay link commissioning.
- Submit Accurate Splice-MST report sheet and Accurate Red line Drawings 48hrs after project completion.
- Actively participate in the audit exercise of completed projects and ensure project snags are cleared before Audit.
- Provide support tthe engineering team where necessary and as defined by the Head of Projects or your Team Lead.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Project Delivery & Quality Assurance: Contractor compliance with work scope, work plan and work method.
- Reporting: Timely submission of reports (Daily work SMS, Weekly project updates, Splice-MST sheets, Quality Checklist, Red Line Drawings).
- Documentation: i. Accuracy of Splice-MST Sheets. ii. Accuracy of Red Line Drawings.
- Problem Solving: i. Effective problem solving skills, ii. Ability tmanage & resolve challenges on site e.g. access issue, fibre and MST connection issues, negotiation skills with construction
- companies/local communities/”area boys”/regulatory authorities/other service operators (PHCN, PTOs, Water board, Gas Companies, e.t.c.).
- Bsc Politic B.Sc. or HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Physics, Project Management, Applied Sciences/ any other related discipline.
Minimum Work Experience
Over 2 Years OSP Supervision Experience.
Knowledge of major fibre routes across Nigeria, especially in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt Metro.
- Skills Knowledge Personal Attributes
- Proficient use of fiber test tools e.g. OTDR, power meter & Light source, VFL.
- Proficient in the use of design softwares e.g. AutoCAD, Visietc
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power point, Projects and email application.
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written & Oral).
- Certifications in Fibre Optic Cabling, CCNA and A+ will be an added advantage.
- Certifications in HSE Grade III will be an added advantage.
- Over 2 years of sound OSP Supervision experience in a Telecoms firm.
- Understanding of fibre terminologies, fiber cable management, and fiber link power budgeting.
- Understanding of FTTH architecture and PON/GPON Networks.
- Understanding and accurate interpretation of Design drawing and As- Built drawings for fibre networks.
- A Goal getter and team player.
- Able twork under pressure & meet deadlines with little supervision.
- Excellent people skills and street smart.
- Open tlearning and willingness tshare knowledge & experience with team members.
- Able tmanage/supervise fibre civil works, reduce tension on site and motivate labourers/contractor personnel taccomplish assigned
- project task.
- Neat, articulate and respectful.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All Cvs should be sent to email@example.com and subject should be Job title and location as well.