Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) is a major player in the global LNG business. NLNG was incorporated as a Limited Liability company on May 17, 1989, to harness Nigeria’s vast natural gas resources and produce Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Natural Gas Liquids (NGLs) for export.
Benefits of having your SIWES Internship at NLNG
Student Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) at NLNG provides students in Nigerian universities and polytechnics with a great opportunity to acquire industrial skills and experience world-class work culture from some of the most experienced professionals in the country and in the LNG industry globally.
They grant early exposure to best practices that will inspire and drive students to aim for Excellence, one of our core values. The skills and work ethics gained during the programme will serve them well in life too.
The students begin with on-boarding and orientation after selection. Thereafter, they are attached to relevant departments for the duration of their programme.
Who are Eligible to Apply?
Students studying for diploma and degree certificates in Nigerian universities (public or private), national diploma students from polytechnics who have completed their first year, and post-ND polytechnic graduates seeking openings for their one-year industrial training are eligible to apply.
NLNG SIWES Interns are selected after an assessment test. Only successful candidates are considered for placement.
How to Apply
- Visit the Official NLNG website for SIWES Application
- Click ‘Register For SIWES’ to register
- Fill in all the required information. All sections marked with red asterisks are mandatory.
- Select a preferred ‘user name’ and password that should be securely saved somewhere. Make sure your password has at least one upper case character and one number.
- Read and check the ‘Yes, I have read the privacy statement….’ And Click on ‘Register’
- The application wizard page opens up. Fill in all the required information.
- Use the ‘date’ icon to select the date of birth. To progress to the next page use the ‘next step’ tab
- Use the ‘double square’ to select the geopolitical zone and LGA. You do not need to type in the state of origin. It is automatically selected when you select the Geopolitical Zone. To select click on the square on the far left of the Geopolitical zone, this highlights the state in yellow and then choose ‘ok’ to select
- To fill in your Education/Training, click on ‘add’
- Fill in your educational institution, select when you started, and select ‘end date’ as the current date. Choose Country, state, and the Location (town) of your school. For ‘Grade’ click the ‘Grade’ link beside it and choose N/A (not applicable). When done, click ‘Ok’.
- Use the ‘next step’ button to move to ‘attachments’. Click on ‘Add’ to add all required attachments that you should have scanned: 1. SIWES Letter from your school; 2. Passport photograph; 3. School fees receipt; 4. School ID card
- Provide the Title of the document, select the attachment type e.g. Passport photo. Select language as English and click on browse to search for where you stored the document and then click on ‘Transfer’ to attach
- Use the ‘Next step’ button to move to ‘Complete application’. Check the box for ‘I want to release my profile……. And click send application now.
NB: NLNG SIWES opportunities are based on business needs but it is generally noted that application form do open in the month of November and its deadline usually comes two weeks after publication.
CORPORATE HEAD OFFICE
Amadi Creek ,
Off Eastern By-Pass,
Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria.
Tel: +234-803-907-4000, +234-807-018-5000.
Nigeria LNG Limited,
LNG Plant Complex, Bonny Island.
Tel: +234-84-232900, +234-82-440-480-9
PORT-HARCOURT SUPPLY BASE
Nigeria LNG Limited,
Amadi Creek, Off Eastern Bypass, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
LONDON LIAISON OFFICE
4th Floor, Heron House,
10 Dean Farrar Street,
London SW1H 0DX.
Tel: +44-020-7799-2677, +44-020-7799-2722 (24 Hours).
Fax: +44-020-7233-0034, +44-020-7976-7769.
HEAD OFFICE (ANNEX)
5th and 6th floor
Bank of Industry Building
Plot 256, Zone A0, off Herbert Macaulay way,
Central Business District, Abuja
Tel: +234-09-6280261-6; +234-09-6715450