Ipas Nigeria is a global non-governmental organization dedicated to ending preventable deaths and disabilities from unsafe abortion.
At Ipas, we believe that: Every woman has a right to safe reproductive health choices, including safe abortion care. No woman should have to risk her life, her health, her fertility, her well-being or the well-being of her family because she lacks reproductive health care. Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Program Assistant at Ipas Nigeria
Deadline: November 10, 2020
Program Assistant at Ipas Nigeria
- Contract, Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Abuja | Nigeria.
The Program Assistant at Ipas Nigeria supports the country team in coordinating the day-to-day program activities. The Program Assistant is responsible for budget tracking and monitoring of planned activities across the program unit.
This position is also responsible for organizing meetings, documenting meeting proceedings & key outputs, follow-up on next steps and disseminating program materials. Supports the Program Unit in proposal development as well as carry out any cognate task assigned.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Tracks team expenditures, reviews budget discrepancies with the various PMs and Finance Lead, and provides support during budget creation and revision processes
- Contributes to the development of reports at Ipas Nigeria, participates in planning activities, and ensures the administration of resources to carry out actions
- Provides technical and administrative support to other staff working on specific projects including managing consultants, providing educational materials, scheduling meetings, taking minutes, and monitoring budgets
- Contributes to raising awareness to promote sexual and reproductive rights
- Documents the negative impact of the criminalization of abortion in Nigeria by monitoring the media, compiling testimonies and sharing with the team
- Tracks partner project timelines and deliverables and monitors partner project expenditures
- Drafts training/workshop reports for review and dissemination to document project and program progress
- Assists team members by tracking activity deadlines and drafting or reviewing reports, program work plans, and other related documents as needed
- Manages the Monthly Ipas Program Plan
- Performs other duties as assigned
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Prompt Job Alert on WhatsApp;
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 1-2 years general office or administrative support experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to travel 30%
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Working knowledge of forecasting project budgets
- Skilled in strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Working knowledge of women’s sexual and reproductive health and rights
Method of Application
Applications are welcome from qualified candidates based in Abuja. The candidate will be chosen through a competitive application process. Please submit: An application letter and CV as a “single attachment” on or before 10th November 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: IpasNigeria.Procurement@ipas.org using the position as subject of email.